miércoles, 13 de junio de 2018

Trans Voices: Becoming Who You Are - Declan Henry




ENGLISH REVIEW

Had this book only contained the interviews without the inclusion  of clinical or psychological of documents and studies, this would have been a five-star read. However, I have to say that I feel this is a great book for people curious about the subject with little knowledge going in. Coupled with a comprehensive glossary and explanations throughout each chapter, I believe it would be a good starting point for such readers.

Even I, being cisgender, cringed at some of the statements made regarding psychiatric disorders and trans identity being closely linked to autism, more so because the study in question is dated and didn’t actually arrive to a definite and fact-based conclusion.
Nevertheless, the testimonies felt so true and sincere that I feel the purpose of this book was fulfilled, which is to make trans voices heard, figuratively speaking.


Nevertheless, I found the testimonies so true and sincere that I feel the purpose of this book was fulfilled, which is to make trans voices heard, figuratively speaking.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars
Original language: English
Language read: English 
Publisher: Jessica Kingsley Publishers
Edition: e-book (Netgalley ARC)

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32200296-trans-voices



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario